Thursday 17 July 2014

FAQ's

What are you most looking forward too? I am most looking forward to being challenged, in many ways. Firstly, mentally. I think this will be an amazing experience and really help me to think about different things that I take for granted and how lucky I am, and we all are. Secondly, in my faith. I am not great at remembering to pray or thank God for what I have all the time and I guess I am looking forward to doing this as a group so I will find it easier. And also, just spending time with all the lovely, amazing people that are going. I know some people better then others and I am just really looking forward to spending time with all the cyfa people and all the amazing leaders we are blessed to have. Not only am I looking forward to being challenged but to having an actual once in a life time experience. We get to have a real impact on peoples lives which I think is incredible as well as go on safari and experience a whole new culture. I think having this experience will really change my outlook on the world when I'm back home.
How can I help? PRAY! We need prayer for lots of different things: Mainly that our last few fundraising events are successful and we manage to get the last bit of money we need to go! That we are all in good health to be able to go and stay well when we are out there, if we are all well then we will all enjoy it much more! That we stay focused on planning the sessions and lessons we will be doing when we are there. That as a team we all get on and don't annoy each other too much, so that we can work well together. Support. We are incredibly grateful to everyone that has been extremely generous in donating towards the trip in so many ways. If you haven't and would still like to that would be amazing! Eat cake! Sounds simple? We are still planning on doing cake sales and cream tea afternoons, so just being there to eat it helps us a lot!
What are you doing out there? Many wonderful things! We are all split up in the various teams in the morning and the afternoon and we are all running various activities. These include: Painting two beautiful murals on the walls and pillars out there. The catch up education programme. This comes in two parts, the English and maths half, and the health and hygiene half. This will help people that have missed school for reasons such as ill relatives or they just can't afford it. We will also be teaching them basic hygiene and health skills, including how to brush your teeth and a nail painting session! Also as part of the catch up education programme we will be running sports sessions, the boys mainly heading up the football ones with netball and athletics for the girls. We will also be helping in the preschool out there. The first thing that sprung to my mind was, cute babies! We will be teaching them bible stories as well as organising activities and games for them to join in with. As well as this we will be building a playground out of tires! And helping out with gardening. On top of this we will be going on a safari and visiting a local market as well as enjoying the local culture and soaking it all in!
As you can tell we have an action packed two weeks planned, and we are all mega excited!
Jemima x

No comments:

Post a Comment